Jamie Platz YMCA
Has the following volunteer position available:
Aquatics Assistant Swim Instructor Ref# JP_AASI
Do you enjoy spending more time in the water then on dry land? The YMCA of Edmonton is seeking individuals who enjoy water and contributing to a fun aquatics learning environment. The Volunteer will assist the assigned Aquatics Instructor in teaching high-quality swim lessons to children. Join the YMCA as a Volunteer and help others learn to float.
- Assist the Aquatics Instructor in providing quality instruction of the swim lesson(s) assigned. Follow the instructor’s direction and help maintain class discipline.
- Assist in developing lesson plans.
- Role model recruitment and retention of members, best practices, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum 12 years of age
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance and WHMIS Certification(will provide all three)
- Swim instructor qualification an asset but not required.
- Previous leadership experience an asset.
- Basic swim skills.
- Good rapport with children.
- Able to take direction.
- Friendly, energetic, positive attitude.
- A love of swimming!
- Minimum 3 hours per week: Sat 9-3pm, Sun 10-1:30pm, Mon-Fri 4-7pm
If this position interests you, fill out an online application, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org