Don Wheaton YMCA
Has the following volunteer position available:
Adult Fitness & Lifestyle Group Fitness Instructor Assistant
Have you taken a fitness class so many times you could probably lead it yourself? The YMCA of Edmonton is seeking fitness lovers with a passion and talent for relationship building and role modeling a healthy lifestyle. The Volunteer will assist in monitoring and responding to the Member Connect Program, work on strategies to improve member’s experience, and assist in instructing group fitness classes. Join the YMCA as a volunteer; give back to your community, and get FIT!
- Assist in providing quality instruction of the group fitness class(es) agreed upon.
- Deliver high quality services through excellent relationships with members. Relay program information and upcoming YMCA events to members.
- Assist with class set up and organizing the group fitness storage room. **Note: lifting is required.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance and WHMIS Certification(will provide all three)
- Group Fitness instructor certification an asset but not required.
- Currently participating in fitness classes an asset.
- Experience working with others in a customer service capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and multitasking skills.
- Ability to assist in leading group fitness programming (including lesson planning).
- Friendly, energetic, positive attitude.
- A love of fitness!
- Minimum 2 hours per week: weekdays (9:00am – 11:00am) and (5:00pm – 7:00pm)
If this position interests you, fill out an online application, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org