The YMCA of Northern Alberta creates life-enhancing opportunities for the growth and development of all people in spirit, mind and body.
Strong kids, healthy families, thriving communities.
The YMCA believes:
- That the growth of individuals in spirit, mind and body is fundamental to everything we do as an organization.
- In the equality of opportunity for all members of the community.
- In the values commonly shared in our community such as:
- To love others, help them and to be sensitive to their well being.
- To appreciate and live philanthropy in our daily lives
- To be truthful, building trust and integrity in all that we do.
- To value the worth of every individual, to live by the golden rule, to honour the diversity of community.
- To know and do what is right.
- To be accountable for our behavior and obligations.
- In the importance of philanthropy (giving of time, talent, treasure and trust), and the significance played by a volunteer/staff partnership in fostering a caring community.
- In the importance of world-wide fellowship and its capacity to support the growth of individuals, communities and nations.
YMCA Diversity Statement:
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that believes in diversity.
YMCA Family Violence Statement:
The YMCA of Northern Alberta believes that violence in any relationship is unacceptable and that everyone exposed to family violence is impacted including unborn babies, children, youth and adults. We also believe that everyone has the capacity for change and growth and we will support anyone in an abusive relationship to get the help they are looking for.